Tuesday, June 26, 2007

a fresh new start...

Over the last week or so I have decided that I am not going to move out of my parents house until I finish grad school...I was planning on moving in with a buddy of mine over by U of M but when I sat down and did the math it just didn't make sense to be throwing money away on rent that I could be using to save for moving and for knocking out student loans....plus my parents are incredibly cool and leave me to do my own thing so there is no problem living here...and its 3 miles from work which is very convenient....

so, Sunday Lauren and I redid my room to make it more comfortable since I will be living in it for at least another year and a half...we had a lot of work to do because I have basically been living in my sister's art studio for a while....when I first moved out for undergrad she took over my room and made it in to her art room, complete with lavender walls and all...basically Lauren and I cleaned out her art stuff and went through piles of my old stuff deciding what I needed to keep and what could go....(there were some tough decisions, I have lots of junk that I value).....after a whole day's work, we got the room looking pretty good and definitely feeling more roomy and bedroom like though I still have lavender walls....

Even though I did not leave my parents house my new room makes it feel like a new home...a new lease on life at the rent's house of sorts....

Today also marked the first day I have worked out with weights in at least a year...during the spring of 2006 I was very consistent with my weight workouts...I was lifting with my lower body twice a week and I could definitely tell a difference running and biking....kind of slacked off after the spring semester ended and that slack off has lasted over a year...I'm sure getting back on the weights with my legs is going to help out a lot...especially on quad busting downhills like the ones at Stumpjump.....

I think my body feels pretty well recovered from Chattanooga and I am kind of anxious to start running again but I really am going to make myself take some time off, as I want to give myself time to completely recover....I'm waking up in the morning to hit the bike for 2 hours or so to get some cardio in.....should be fun as I have not had a good solid ride in a while

1 comment:

runningtwig said...

That stinks about Chat, but as you said, you learned some valuable lessons...sucks to learn them the hard way...good luck with the time off and heat! what lifting do you do with your legs?