Thursday, June 7, 2007

Been a while...

Been a while since I have posted on the blog....it's kind of like running, if you break the habit for a few days its easy to get off the train...

Last week was a rather slack week in the running department....just over 33 miles on the week...on a good note, my forefoot pain has eased off because of taking an easier week...

I have not had any long runs this week but I did get in a tempo\semi interval run on Wednesday evening at Shelby Farms...ran a 10 min warmup, followed by 5 minutes at a hard yet sustainable pace with a 3 minute recovery....repeated 3 times and then followed with a slow cool down.....

I did definitely discover the importance of eating as soon as the workout is over....Since I normally run at least 8 when I run I guess I kind of overlooked how much I exerted myself in my tempo session...I did not eat until over an hour and a half after finishing the workout...This morning I went out for a quick 7 miler and bonked hard at 30 minutes on the dot....The rest of the run was a struggle just to bring it home....I definitely attribute the bonking to not refueling my energy stores after Wednesday evenings run....

I leave for Colorado tomorrow evening....Going to be gone until next Saturday....I am definitely looking forward to it....hoping to get in some quality trail runs....Feb let me borrow his Ultimate Direction Wasp which is a hydration system that fits more like a vest than a pack so I'm excited to try that out on a long run....hopefully the altitude won't kill me....

1 comment:

runningtwig said...

good news about CBU...have fun on your trip...since you are an English major, have you read East of Eden? if not, it's worth it!