Thursday, May 31, 2007

8 more days....

Only 8 more days til I leave for Colorado and I'm really starting to get excited about it...Lauren and I are flying to Denver and meeting up with her cousin and some of his friends for a week to stay at a condo in Beaver Creek.....Since we are flying we won't be able to take all of our toys but I'm still planning on taking some of the camping stuff and most certainly running stuff....Hopefully I will be able to get in a few good runs while at altitude....

I took Wednesday completely off except for a short ride to the bank and to work, though I wished I could have kept going on the bike as it was one of those days were I felt like I was sailing yet putting no effort into it....

Today I met up with Feb and Daniel at 7 am a the Shelby Farms visitor center...we took out for a 10.5 loop starting at the VC and heading clockwise on the TDW, cut down the Walnut Grove \ G'town Pkwy intersection at the shack on the back loop of TDW then ran down G'town Pkwy to the blue\white trail, back under the bridge where they are doing construction and back to the VC.....Then we went for another 4 out and back on the TDW taking the total for the day to 14.61...brings the weekly mileage up to 26.61 so I def have some ground to cover by the end of the week (my week is Mon - Sun)...

Plan is to get in a little bit tomorrow morning and my usual 20 on Saturday and if I'm feeling it maybe just a tad on Sunday pushing the weeks miles to right about 60....I'm really hoping to get in some good miles on the road bike on Sunday as well...I guess we'll see....

No comments: