Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Been a while...

Been a little bit since I have last posted on the blog...but have managed to keep consistent with the runs.....this past Saturday I went out for my fastest run to date on the trails...Met at 6am with the Les and Feb and we rocked 3 loops on the tour that turned out to be right at 20 in just over 2:40...I have never gone that fast that far before....running with faster people really challenges me and shows me that I am capable of a whole lot more than I ever thought possible...

Saturday afternoon my dad and I put kayaks in at the bridge over the Wolf River on Houston Levee in Collierville...we paddled about 4.7 miles to the take out right by the Wolf River Trails...was a great day on the water...it's unseasonably low right now and had to be very careful not to get stuck up on the sandbars....

Sunday I worked the Fleet Feet at station at the Memphis in May tri...We had a great time handing out water and gatorade to all the passing runners and most were gracious that we were there...encountered a few that were a bit high strung including one that yelled at us to move as we offered him water but for the most part a very nice crowd....I feel really good to have volunteered at a race, as I am often racing rather than helping out....I also found out how much a simple thanks from the athletes in teh event can mean and though I have always made it a point to thank aid station workers, I am now going to make a conscious effort to do it even more...these are definitely the people that make our events go as well as they usually do...

Decided to sleep in Monday but got back on it tuesday with a 10 milers on the wolf river trails immediately followed by a 10 mile road ride to a work meeting.....

tried to get out fo a run this morning but had the worst run I have had in weeks...nothing hurt I just felt horrible throughout the whole thing...never could catch the groove....ended up saying the hell with it after 5 miles and called it a day....puts me at 15 for the week so far so I am a bit behind but I think I have a good enough plan to make up for it and finish the week in the mid 50s....

could keep on for a while but gonna call it quits as I'm tired and have some miles to make up for early in the morning....

happy running and thank a race volunteer!

No comments: