Thursday, May 24, 2007

Rockin on with it...

Got in a rockin run this morning....started at the Wolf River Trail (I'm tired of typing this so from now on its WRT) trailhead at G'town Pkwy and ran solo to the Visitor Center at Shelby Farms...I was planning on cutting underneath the bridge on the cutover but they were working this morning so I had to run down in front of the BMX track to the light at Farm Rd....met up with Lauren (who by the way rocked out at the Memphis in May tri beating her last years time by 30 min) and we ran a loop of the Tour De Wolf (TDW) together....I was just about to get back on it to run to my car back the same way I came when Feb pulled up so I ended up joining him and Daniel for part of their run...

We ran an interesting route...started at the Shelby Farms visitor center and ran the TDW trail the same way the bikes go (clockwise)...when we got to the shack on the back loop we took a kind of overgrown trail that dumped us out right at the Walnut Grove/G'town pkwy intersection...from there we ran down the side of g'town and I dropped off from them at the car at the trailhead....I'm interested to see what their total mileage ended up being as they were gonna go WRT back to the visitor center...kind of a cool way to do a long loop....

Ended up at 16.25 for the day so that puts me at about 31 for the week so the mid 50s week will def. be possible...the last 4.5 I ran today with Feb and Daniel really pushed my pace..I was already a bit tired and it took a good effort to keep up....but I really think running with faster people is making me test myself and find out that I am capable of a lot more than I think as well as making me a much stronger runner....

Looking forward to Saturday's 20 out at the farms....

1 comment:

runningtwig said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome on your runs! Are you going to do the Bartlett Park Ultra? My bro in law and I might do it just to see what it is like - to see what we need to do to get ready for the Stumpjump.