Thursday, May 10, 2007

Getting back on it...

After a fun and somewhat overindulgent Outdoors Inc. Canoe and Kayak Race weekend, I managed to get back on it pretty hard this week...

I got out Monday morning for a 12 miler on the Wolf River Trails solo....best feeling run I have had in a while...no aches or pains and I felt great the whole time...

Tuesday, I met up with the Fleet Feet crew at the St. Agnes track for a speed workout...I have never participated in an organized track workout so this was all new to me....we ran 4x200, 2x400,1x800,2x400 and I was supposed to do another 4x200 but I had to leave to go to work....I am not used to running short and fast so it was definitely a good and challenging change of pace...

Wednesday I woke up for a run with Lt. Rob and we ran from the house to Wolf River Trails and got in 12...It was a difficult run for me at first as I was pretty wiped from the track workout the day before...I did not get into a groove until about an hour in....but once I hit the groove I was able to keep on it for another hour to bring it home....It's definitely getting humid and hot out...I ran with two hand held fastdraws and had drained both of them completely by mile 9 or 10....
After Wednesday's run I was dragging all day...I could definitely feel the effects of running 3 quality days in row...decided to listen to my body today and take a day off...I have this coming weekend off so I'm hoping to get in a good long run in the 20 range one of those days....

I have decided that I am probably going to do a 3 day stage race in Chattanooga in June...It consists of a 22 miler the first day, 18 the second, and 20 the third...I have never done that many miles in three consecutive days so it will certainly be a challenge for me....I'm trying to pump up my weekly miles and throw some decently long back to back days together in order to train for it...

1 comment:

runningtwig said...

Watch out for snakes out there...I've seen them all over the place down by the Wolf River!