Friday, May 18, 2007

Keepin with it..

Woke up Wednesday to a beautiful morning and I had planned on knocking out 12 but the balls of my feet were a bit sore so I decided to head out for a paddle...Paddled for 5 miles around the lake...it was a great workout and a great way to enjoy the cooler temps we are currently experiencing cause I'm sure they won't be around much longer....Got in the 6 mile round trip ride to work as well...feels really good to be back on the bike

Thursday I woke up and ran down to the Wolf River trails to meet Lauren for a light run...she wanted to get in one last one before the Memphis in May tri on Sunday...We ran a leisurely 4 then she went on to work and I ran to Walnut Grove via the yellow and back home via blue\white for a total of 14 on the day....

I will say that I am officially retiring from running the yellow trail between Walnut Grove and the second levee for the summer....It is already incredibly grown over with face smackers and ankle grabbers everywhere...its still pretty open from the G'town pkwy trailhead to about the second levee, but the crossover on the levee from the yellow to the blue is getting pretty nasty as well....

Rode to work again yesterday in celebration of National Bike to Work Week and saw something that really bothered me...I saw a lady in a big ass Hummer pulling out of the Wendy's right near Outdoors stop her tank, open the door, throw out her empty Wendy's sack and box of cigs on the ground and continue to drive on....all the while yapping away on her cell phone...I couldn't believe it...it's hard to fathom that some people care so little for the environment....

Plan is to go long tomorrow...somewhere in the range of 25 miles...I want to start early if I can make myself get out of bed...my favorite time in the world to be out running is right as the sun is coming up...I really like starting with my headlamp for a few minutes and then running into daylight...I feel like I'm taking full advantage of the day.......now if I can just get out of bed when the alarm clock goes off rather than snoozing.......

1 comment:

runningtwig said...

How did your 25 miler go? I'm jealous you've worked your way up to that type of mileage!