Thursday, May 3, 2007

freedom

Well I finally finished up with all my classes for the semester yesterday! Pretty pumped about that as it will actually give me some time to do something in my free time other than school work...

I'm definitely backed up on books I have been meaning to read for my own entertainment rather than school so I'm excited that I'll be able to do that...I'm really into diet\nutrition studies and I picked up a book that is incredibly interesting...I'm only about 100 pages in but I have found it very hard to put down...it's called "The China Study" and is labeled as the most comprehensive study ever done on human nutrition...It is actually written by a very respected professor at I think MIT or some other very respected university...basically from what I have gathered so far the gist of the book is relating the traditional high protein animal based foods diet that the western world consumes to cancer, obesity, and heart disease....you definitely have to read this one with an open mind....

On the running side of things I'll be able to get back into now that school is over....last Saturday I got out for two loops of the tour de wolf with the Fleet Feet crew...Sunday I strolled 1 loop at the tour...and wed. got in 8 at the Wolf River Trails...feeling pretty good...definitely need to start putting some distance back into the schedule at least once a week...

This weekend is going to be tough to get in much quality running because we are having the 26th annual Outdoors Inc Canoe and Kayak race so I will be downtown on the river making sure everyone has a good time from very early a.m. Saturday til late Sat. night...also have to work on Sunday which is normally my day off....starting next Monday its back on it though...for sure...

No comments: