Sunday, May 27, 2007

Strong Finish

Finished this week very strong...i was a bit worried when I had only logged 15 by Wednesday but the 16 on Thursday gave me the boost I needed for a good week...Decided to take Friday completely off except for a short ride to work...

I was able to ride to work every day this week which I am really digging...I love going car free, it's such a good feeling...

Saturday I met up with quite a crew at Shelby Farms at 6 am...We took out fast and from the get go I felt great...I didn't even realize how fast we were actually going...A few dropped off after the first loop and we had a few join us for the next...kept a smokin' pace on lap two and kept with it toward the beginning of lap 3...the group started to break up and I was holding strong until about 17 when I came loose...the last 3 miles in were a slog in comparison to the earlier parts of the run...Still managed to have my fastest 20 mile finish to date so I was pumped about that....Decided I did not really want to have to worry about running on Sunday so I went out for another 4.5 solo....Definitely did not keep up a good pace...I slogged through it , even had to walk at a couple of points but I got the mileage I was looking for...Ended the day at 24.5 which brought me a total of 55.75 for the week....

Today I finally got in some well needed miles on the road bike...rode out to Lauren's brother's house in midtown solo and then met up with him and Lauren and we cruised around downtown and midtown....Cheated and got a ride back to Lauren's house to eat dinner then fired up the Nite Rider for a solo ride home under the moon...total of 41 miles on the day which is the longest I have gone on the bike in months....definitely gonna be feeling the effects of being back in the saddle for a day or two....

Lookin forward to another good week of running and riding...wish I did not have to work tomorrow but what can ya do....we'll fire up the grill at work around 10 am so stop on by....free hot dogs, cokes, and balloons for the kids...

2 comments:

runningtwig said...

Nice to meet you today...maybe one week we'll venture out and join you guys...after reading your description of Saturday's run, you guys would definitely kick my butt! keep it up!

runningtwig said...

Thanks for the savings yesterday - I didn't realize it until this afternoon!