Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Starting the week...

Monday did not kick off as planned, as I meant to get in some mileage before work but ended up sleeping in...I packed all my running stuff and even bargained with myself that I would allow myself to drive to work rather than ride so long as I went running after work....yeah, so that didn't work out so well either...got a call from a friend asking if Lauren and I wanted to come over for a cookout so I bailed on the run.....

Very surprised at how busy we were at work yesterday...I have worked Memorial Day two previous times and I do not ever remember it being that busy...at one point in the early afternoon it felt like Christmas season for a short bit...Got to meet fellow bloggers Running Near Graceland (Drew) and Running Twig (Holly)....definitely enjoyed meeting them and pretending to work while chatting, as it is always nice to meet others with a similar passion for running....


I usually end up having to close at work which means I don't get out of there until around 7:30 but today was my day to not have to close and I got out around 6...Went over to Shelby Farms and started my loop from the dogpark off Trinity Rd....ran counter clockwise to the visitor center on the TDW then hit the paved Chickisaw loop (though I ran on the grass next to it as much as possible)...that circled me back to the Visitor Center and I went for a lap around Patriot Lake then continued along the gravel road to finish the TDW....got back to my car and the Garmin was claiming right at 10 so I went a mile out and a mile back to finish with a total of 12....

Today's run felt pretty good...kept up a good pace from the start and tried to lay it down while on the Chickisaw loop...felt like I finished pretty strong....

Got down on a peanut butter sandwich and a banana immediately following the run which I'm hoping will lead to a good recovery so I can rock out the rest of the week and hopefully end up somewhere in the mid 50 - 60 range...I have to work on Saturday for the first time in a couple of weeks so I'll probably have to stop Saturday's run right at 20, forcing me to pick up some miles on days I would not ordinarily run...shouldn't be that hard to do though.....

Until next time....

No comments: