Monday, August 6, 2007

week in review

Been kinda lazy the last week or so when it came to updating the running journal and blog....finished last week decent, struggled to pull out a decent long run at the Farms two Saturdays ago...

Monday I rocked out 10 from the house keeping a solid pace the whole time....Tuesday I rode to my work meeting at the warehouse and then rode 2 loops of the Tour de Wolf on my cyclocross bike (basically a beefed up road bike with slightly knobby tires)....

Wednesday I went on my 10 miles route from the house but I did sets of intervals along the way...I warmed up for two miles then put the hammer down for five minutes at near all out intensity followed by recovery for 3 minutes....I did four repeats of this and was pretty beat by the end but ended up with a pretty strong time for the total ten miles even though I was beat for the last two miles from my intervals...

Thursday, I went out for a semi-long run....hitting just over 16 for the day but keeping a good pace....hit 16 right at 2:20 which would put me at a 4:40 50k in a perfect world....but I have found that my splits usually aren't even at 50k distance...though they are getting closer (at Sylamore I was 8 minutes off a perfect split)....I'm pretty pumped for Saturday at Stanky and as of right now my goal for myself is to break 5 hours....

For Stanky, I think I'm going to start with 2 fastdraws each loaded with 200 calories worth of Gu2O and 2 hammer Endurolytes dumped in each one....that will be two hours worth of fuel so I won't have to stop for at least the first two hours...after that the plan is to ditch one of the bottles and use gel and water for the rest of the race....

Today, went out and ran 7.75 at Shelby Farms with Lauren....plan for the rest of the week is to ride tomorrow after work, run in the 6-8 range on Wednesday, and then do a really light 3 miles Friday just enough to keep the legs fresh....

other than that, all is well, tax free weekend was crazy busy as I expected...looking forward to starting school soon...and I got a new cookbook that I'm really pumped about...its called "The Passionate Vegetarian" and it has nearly 1000 recipes.....all I need now is the time to prepare my feast....

happy running and share the road!

No comments: