Friday, July 27, 2007

Lakeland trails....

This week has been going pretty well..looks like I'm on target to hit my 40 mile mark if I knock out a 20 at Shelby Farms tomorrow....

Monday I ran a loop of the Tour De Wolf before heading to work....took Tuesday off except for my 15 mile fixed gear ride...Wednesday I knocked out just over 9 in good time at Shelby Farms....Thursday no run....

This weekend Lauren and I are house sitting (our second jobs, we are really good and have quite a client base) in Arlington just down the road from the Lakeland trails...I have never run out there before, only ridden but I figured since I was in the neighborhood I would give it a shot....

I ran for right at an hour, going just over 5 miles though I'm not exactly 100 percent sure how much further than 5 cause my Garmin was cutting in and out the whole time....I have to say, those trails rock for running...they are great hill training and the way the trail flows you can almost do an interval type run by busting it up the hills and catching your breath on the way down....I definitely want to start getting out there more often as I'm sure it would benefit me for Stumpjump....

I have really been concentrating on picking up the pace in my runs the last two weeks....I used to kind of cruise through my shorter distance runs but now I'm really pushing through them...I need to get back in the habit of wearing my heart rate monitor...I have been judging my intensity by my breathing but I need to be a bit more precise so I can see where I need to improve.....

other than that things are rolling along..school starts in a few weeks and I'm really excited about that...still stayin on the bike too...out cruising the town today and it looks like I'll prob end up around 35 for the day....

anyways, happy running and share the road....

1 comment:

runningtwig said...

Those trails are a couple of minutes from our house and we go there a lot in the fall/winter. It gets a bit overgrown in the summer...you're right, though - it is good training for the stumpjump.