Thursday, July 5, 2007

Cruisin on up...

It has been a relatively uneventful week thus far, Monday I rode to and from work for a grand total of 6 miles on the day...Tuesday I rode to my work meeting out at summer and highland and caught a ride back to the store for 12 miles and worked all day before Lauren came by and picked me up to go to the Firecracker 5k....

I wasn't actually racing the 5k, as I'm sticking to my plan to staying away from running right now but I enjoyed socializing with lots of familiar faces and of course the Tyrone Smith Review getting down at the after party...usually when I go out to watch races I end up thinking to myself "man, why didn't I race" or "I could beat this or that time" but I honestly had no bad feelings about skipping this one...for some reason road 5k's do not appeal to me at all....

Wednesday morning Lauren and I rode from my house out to Germantown/Collierville where we met up with her dad and brother for a 4th of July ride....ended up being just about 30 miles for both Lauren and I for the day....after riding we power napped before heading over to a friends house for a 4th celebration....

we ended up slack lining, which if you are not familiar with this, you basically tie 1" webbing between two trees and try and walk across it....tight roping with flat webbing I guess you would say....it's actually quite a bit of fun, simple as it may be and really works your entire body, as the line starts shaking big time and it takes every muscle in your body as well as balance and coordination to keep it under control....

Looking forward to Saturday when I will be participating in the Iron Butt....basically an 87 mile mountain bike tour of every trail system of Memphis....I have always wanted to do this in year's past but it has never worked out with my schedule...it's definitely going to be tough but I think it will be a lot of fun.....anyway until next time

happy running and share the road

No comments: