Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back in the game...

Damn, just looked at how long it has been since I posted last...Seems like it was just the other day when I made the decision to skip out on Sylamore...

Anyway, I have been back on it pretty hard since taking a week or two off after the injury...3 weeks ago (Feb 18-24), I got around 34 miles...

Two weeks ago (Feb 25 - Mar 2), I got in 47 miles, most of which were pretty quality and even threw in an 18 miler...

This past week I got in 46 miles, a little less quality than the previous week, but still got in a 19 miler and a pretty fun 8 miler in the snow early Saturday morning...

I also had my first interview for a teaching position this past Friday...Things did not go quite as I would have liked, as they were looking for someone to fill a more immediate position than I could manage...however, I'm really glad I got to experience what a true interview is like, as I now know what to expect for next time...also, thanks to Holly (running twig), as she helped me a great deal when I was preparing for the interview....

This week I am hoping to keep it up, getting in some quality miles and another long run...I will have to knock most of them out during the week, as Lauren and I are going to Clarksville, TN this coming weekend to climb at King's Bluff...Should be fun...

Hope all is well with everyone...enjoy the time change!

2 comments:

runningtwig said...

Check out http://memphisultra.blogspot.com

squatting bear said...

Hey man, good to hear your back running again. I hope everything continues to go well for ya. Maybe I'll see ya out on the trails soon. Later