Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's all coming together

I was off work yesterday and spent the entire day working on school work as the semester is coming to an end....I finally feel like I am on top of all my work, as I have struggled all semester long just to stay caught up....can definitely say that this semester's workload came as a huge surprise...I graduated in December with my degree in Journalism and when I decided that I wanted to teach, I needed to take some extra English classes...So, I signed up for some online classes, thinking they would be a breeze, in order to be able to work full time this semester...I can definitely say that I have put more time in my school work this semester than I ever had to in my four and a half years of regular classroom undergrad courses....so I'm super glad for this semester to be over....as I'll have the month of May off before I start CBU in June...

I have not gotten out for a run this week, as I have been nursing a sore foot...The bottom of my right foot is very tender right on the ball of it under my big toe...It's been getting much better, as I have been icing it multiple times a day and wearing my road running shoes (as they are very plush)....I'm feeling pretty confident that it will be a thing of the past come Saturday at Ouachita....

I believe tonight marks the final night of dinners being brought to my house...Since my mom had surgery last week, people have been bringing us dinner on a nightly basis...It has definitely been appreciated...as the last thing we wanted to worry about was what to eat...however, I am pasta dish and casseroled out...the thought of lasagna one more time makes me sick in my stomach...I'm also ready to get back on the healthy eating bus...I'm usually pretty healthy but I couldn't pass up already made dinners, despite what they were...

I saw that the agricenter farmer's market is now open...I haven't gotten over to check it out yet...the farmer's market is one of my favorite things about summer...I stop by there on almost a daily basis to get fresh veggies for dinner....locally grown tomatoes should be coming into season pretty soon...i can't wait!

2 comments:

runningtwig said...

Good luck this weekend - I hope your foot holds up!

Anonymous said...

Hope it went well, Chris! Have fun with the Mountain Hardwear clinic as well. Holly and I have really enjoyed their clothes but I'll have to say that I'll stick with my Osprey packs instead of their Maestro or Drifter. I picked up the new Stratos 40 at REI a couple of weeks ago and have been very impressed by it.