Saturday, April 14, 2007

Where is spring?

The weather as of lately has been pretty nasty. Haven't gotten in nearly what I would like to running wise this week. Monday, Lt. Rob and I popped off ten from the house on Wolf River...Wednesday got out to Shelby Farms and got in some speed work...a difficult but welcome change of pace as I have not previously been doing any speed stuff...Friday, I was able to get out of work a couple hours early and had time to get in a quick ten. Ran from the house to the end of the Wolf River Trails via the yellow and came back via blue...The yellow is starting to become grown over...lots of overhanging branches, especially after the second levee...Pretty cool run...as I began it really looked like it was going to rain hard, but soon the sun was starting to poke out through the clouds and by the time I was on my way home the rain was coming down hard and there was thunder and lighting all around...actually kinda scary running under the powerlines in the final stretch of WRT...

Saturday was an off day...should have run but the crawfish were callin' at Overton Square...though it was miserably cold down there...

Today I went out and slogged through 10....it was one of those runs where I just never could get in the groove...I tried switching tunes and everything but never could find the zone...took kind of an interesting route though...Parked at the top of the dirt road close to the red light at Walnut Bend and G'town Pkwy...ran WRT via blue and crossed under the Walnut Grove bridge and over to Shelby Farms...hit up Tour De Wolf backwards down the gravel road and through the back technical sections to the dog park...from the dog park hit the G'town Pkwy shoulder back to my car...I finally felt like picking it up for a bit on the last mile but that feeling didn't hang around too long...by the time I got back to the car I was ready to be done with it...

Brings the weekly total to around 36 miles....not what i wanted but it will do...this next week I'm gonna take it pretty easy as Saturday is the Ouachita 50k....Lt. Rob is going with me and his longest run to date is 20....Since I have not been training very hard the last month and half I'm gonna run it as a 31 mile training run...Lt. Rob and I are going to hang together the whole way, taking our time and enjoying the run....

Hopefully I'll be able to get back on the bike at some point soon....I'm itching to ride as the injury has kept me off the bike the last 3 weeks...the weather is supposed to rock the rest of the week so maybe Wed. I'll be able to get out for a ride...

2 comments:

runningtwig said...

Glad to see someone has joined the blogging world! Hopefully more people will join in and we can start a small network for tips, motivation, etc. I don't think there are too many of us trail runners out here in Memphis.

Unknown said...

Hey Chris: Some of us Warthogs will be over at Ouachita Saturday too......Paula and me, Holly, Kenny, Tim, Carole, Ulla & Jack. Should be great weather!

Bill