Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2 in a row!

I ran two days in a row...I'm on a streak!

Got up this morning and ran for about 40 minutes on a heavy coffee buzz...first time I have run two days in a row in quite some time....

Plan on running tomorrow as well...at least an easy 45min to an hour run....If all goes well, combined with the mileage from Sunday's upcoming race I will hit my first 50 mile week of 2008....probably try and spin for a bit as well, though I'm not sure I'll have time as I have a lot of school work to do....

Lt. Rob and I discussed getting in some brick training for the Natchez Trace adventure race sometime in the near future...first brick day =
2 mile warmup run
1 hour canoe paddle on the lake I live on
10 miles from the house to the end of the Wolf River Trails
Ride from my house to Stanky, do a loop, and ride back
6 mile run
45 minute paddle
2 miles all out run to finish

we are racing in the 2 person any gender category and I'm pretty excited about it...in the past I have always been the strongest athlete on my adventure racing teams and pushing the pace has not really been possible because of other teammates...racing with Rob will provide the chance to really push it, as he is a strong athlete.....if we can actually read the map, we should do pretty well...

2 comments:

runningtwig said...

Two days in a row running and blogging - you are on a streak! Drew and I have discussed doing an adv. race, but never have took the plunge. I think it would be a ton of fun. Good luck!

Jolly Green Thumb said...

I wanna try an adventure race too but, would like to try one with someone who has expirienced it before. Maybe we can set something up!!!!